International Summer Courses – June 30th 2014 to July 18th 2014
A brand new summer course, delivered by Sorbonne Assas International Law School, has been created to introduce master level or LLB or professionals to International Finance legal aspects.
This unique 3 week courses will allow students or professionals from all over the world to understand various practices related to the International financing corporate structures, financial structures, commitment papers, and tax law with a legal practitioner’s perspectives.
The Sorbonne Assas International Law School Singapore campus is located in INSEAD Business School campus, easy access, and relaxed environment. The summer program is also an opportunity to discover the city of Singapore.
The courses offered by the program include:
- Corporate Structures: in different countries in Asia
- Corporate Structure and MandA: you will compare the pro and cons of setting up a wholly-owned enterprise, a joint venture, a representative office and/or branch across the various jurisdictions in the region using different case studies.
- International Structured Finance and Derivatives: in the manufacturing and production, especially in the infrastructure sector. This course will allow the attendee to examine various practices related to structuring, documentation and execution of structured finance and derivatives transactions.
- International finance introduction and commitment papers.
- Credit agreement workshop
- Subordination; Subordinated Debt
- Inter creditor and other issues
- International Tax law: general overview of corporate taxes, double tax treaties and free trade agreement in the ASEAN region.
Caroline has been working in Asia for 18 years with SMEs, MNCs and foreign banks, advising them in the field of commercial law, intellectual property, human resources and M&A in the Asia Pacific region.
She is highly regarded for her legal expertise in setting up legal and tax corporate structures in Asia and navigating the challenges related to investment in Asia.
Dafir has been consulting for private financial institutions as well as governmental and supranational organizations in Asia. He has over 13 years of experience in Financial Markets and Research & Development.
He was Regional Head of Commodity Structuring at Standard Chartered Bank.
Post Graduate Research Degree from the National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse and an MBA from INSEAD.
Tim?s practice covers a variety of transactional matters including project development and finance transactions, bank and acquisition financings and private equity transactions.
Tim has experience representing lenders, underwriters, sponsors, developers and private equity investors in connection with a wide variety of international projects.
Prior to joining Latham in early 2011, Tim practiced in the New York office of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.
SUMMER COURSES INFORMATION
This course deals mainly with practical case studies and certain key subjects.
ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE SUMMMER COURSES
Participants are required to have reasonable good level of speaking English as the program will be conducted in English.
CERTIFICATE IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS LAW
The school will be issued a certificate in International Finance Law at the end of the summer program for all the participants.
CULTURE AND NETWORKING
We will organize a visit of Singapore; we will take you on Singapore City Gallery where you will discover the story of the nation’s planning efforts, physical transformation – past, present and future.
A visit of one of the international organizations based in Singapore, or any institution, bank, law firm, or corporation to give you a much better understanding of Singapore and the Supreme Court of Singapore.
APPLICATION AND FEES
Registration is open for ever yone with master level or LLB, executives or legal practioners.
Summers courses schedule:
June 30, 2014 (Monda y) to July 18, 2014 (Friday)
Program fees: including: courses, documentation for courses and case studies, participation to incentive events.
- Option 1: 2 500 Euros without housing
- Option 2: 3 200 Euros with housing (19 nights in twin rooms or 2 bedrooms apartment)
Does not include: airfare & travel expenses in and outside Singapore, return tickets from field trip destinations, insurance, meals and other living expenses