Summer course in Artificial Intelligence 2024
Exploring the impact of AI from a legal and economic perspective
— Singapore Campus —
As artificial intelligence (AI) gains momentum, understanding the challenges and opportunities created by AI is crucial. Numerous questions arise regarding the use of AI, which can be seen as an object of regulation by lawyers, but also as a useful tool for law enforcement. Notwithstanding the advances involved in AI, its use also raises moral and ethical issues, in addition to legal issues.
This interdisciplinary course offers a dual approach to artificial intelligence through the eyes of an economist and a lawyer.
Different questions will be addressed, such as:
- The impact of AI on the labor market, from a macroeconomic and microeconomic perspective.
- How AI can help legal professionals.
- The development of predictive justice.
- AI applications to predict law violation, judge’s decisions, law enforcement decisions.
- Bias and ethics of AI applications to the law.
- The numerous roles of AI in various sectors within society and their legal implications.
The objective of this course is to give an overview of the many interesting intersections between AI, economics and the law. This is an emerging, multidisciplinary and multinational area. Several practical cases will be investigated and an introduction to coding will be provided.
The course will consist of a mix of conventional lectures (presentation and discussion of concepts, theoretical frameworks, research results, etc.) mingled with interactive sequences, such as case studies. The summer school will end with debates and verbal jousts.
For accommodation or general enquiry, please contact us.
The number of participants is limited to a maximum of 25 people.
Registration is open until May 31, 2024.