The Mauritius campus was set up in 2015, in partnership with Uniciti Education Hub – the Medine Group’s education arm – with an initial offer of an undergraduate Bachelor of Laws, LL.B. (Hons) course as well as a post-graduate LL.M. International Business Law.
The campus is located at the Pierrefonds Campus of Uniciti Education Hub in newly-designed spaces, dedicated to Paris-Panthéon-Assas University.
Classes take place in technology-equipped classrooms for added experience whether in-person or online. As a result of recent global events, the University has adopted innovative solutions to cater for new exigencies whilst maintaining quality delivery. Panthéon-Assas students can enjoy their own cosy and spacious student lounge and library, book a study room, access a campus café and dining areas in the lush and spacious garden. Students also get access to the university’ online resources platform once they enrol.
- Lecture rooms: lecture classrooms used by students allow real-time communication over the internet and on-demand broadcasting of classes.
- Assas Student Lounge & Library: students can access and borrow books, access computers for consultation of the university’s online library system (‘ENT’, Environnement Numérique de Travail) printers and study space.
- Amphitheatre: this is a shared space between the different institutions on campus and can be used by our students for their exams, some conferences and, exceptionally, for classes.
- Square Root & Vatel restaurant: student restaurants available on campus. Students regularly organise parties and various social events at the Square Root.
- Sport Facilities: SPARC is the newest and largest multi-sport facility located on the west coast of Mauritius and is located 10 mins drive from the Pierrefonds Campus. SPARC offers a premier experience in health, fitness, sport and leisure options to greatly enhance our students’ lives. Paris-Panthéon-Assas students get special discounted rates to access SPARC
- Internet and phone connections: free access wifi around campus.
Extra-curricular activities are an important part of university life, and students are encouraged to actively take part in campus life activities. Currently, student clubs on the Mauritius campus include the Assas Law Society, social, sports as well arts clubs. In addition to this, our students regularly take part in a variety of national, regional and international competitions: speech contests (in French and English), debates, Moot courts (including the Vis East Moot) and inter-university sports contests to name a few.
About Uniciti Education Hub
The Uniciti Education Hub is an integrated campus which consists of state-of-the-art facilities, student housing and other facilities such as a sports complex, shopping and recreational activities. The campus hosts several international institutions, making it an exciting and enriching pluridisciplinary learning environment. With over 1,800 students enrolled in prominent international higher education institutions, the Uniciti Education hub is a unique concept encompassing education, research and innovation through tangible partnerships with top-notch international institutions.
Why study in Mauritius!
Nestled in the Indian ocean, off East Africa’s coastline, Mauritius boasts a strategic location, bridging the African continent and the sub-Indian continent, the two most thriving geographical zones accounting for student population. Mauritius enjoys a resilient economy, political stability and sustainable rankings in Africa. Its dynamism and diversification strategies have led to pioneering industries and sustainable undertakings, hence with Education as a new pillar of growth. Mauritius has positioned itself to become a knowledge hub and a reference for the region and Africa.
Tapping into its rich cultural diversity and unique traits amidst the African landscape, Mauritius portrays itself as a multi-ethnic melting pot and features an overall environment conducive to the development of a new generation of leaders.