The LL.M. (Legum Magister) in International Business Law is a full-time programme in Singapore that is open to all and can be completed within 9 months (October intake) or 12 months (January intake). For Paris Bar School (E.F.B.) candidates, there is a special partnership that enables them to complete the LL.M. in just 6 months, but only if they enroll in the January intake and meet specific conditions outlined below.
|Programme Name:||LL.M. in International Business Law|
|Duration:||9 months or 12 months (E.F.B. candidates: 6 months)|
|Delivery mode:||Flexible, evening classes|
|Study method:||Face-to-face & online|
|Two intakes:||October and January|
Benefits of doing the LL.M. part-time in Singapore
Our LL.M. programme provides an in-depth understanding of some of the most crucial and rapidly-changing fields of International Law, as well as a nuanced comprehension of the European legal system and culture. The programme is designed to cover both the Civil Law and Common Law approaches for each module. Additionally, we pride ourselves on fostering a serious, friendly, and energetic atmosphere that promotes a positive learning experience.
Upon completion of the LL.M. in International Business Law, graduates will gain access to major European or Asian professional training schools, particularly Bar Schools, if they have a previous education in Law. Additionally, the programme is designed to prepare candidates to enter legal departments of international companies, even if they do not have prior experience in Law.
Paris Bar School (E.F.B.) Partnership
The LL.M. programme provides an opportunity for students of the Paris Bar School (EFB) to fulfill their “Projet Pédagogique Individuel” (P.P.I.) abroad, under optimal conditions. The course of study is arranged between January and June, allowing EFB students to complete their LL.M., dissertation, and PPI in just six months. As part of the program, EFB students will be required to write a dissertation under the supervision of one of the professors in charge of the seminars.
- Prospective EFB students are allowed to apply for this LLM-PPI program before having the definitive results of the CRFPA exam.
- Online applications only – see details and application deadlines below
Students from other Bar Schools (other EDAs, including HEDAC) are also eligible to apply under the same conditions of the EFB students.
Curriculum – 200 hours of teaching
The LL.M. programme includes 200 hours of teaching divided into 10 modules, along with approximately 50 hours of additional content. This additional content includes an exclusive 10-hour module taught by INSEAD professors, various soft-skill workshops, cultural tours, networking sessions, and other engaging activities designed to enrich the learning experience.
The LL.M. curriculum is designed to explore case studies and essential legal subjects from a transversal and multidisciplinary perspective. The course format for each module involves 10 hours of lecture-style classes taught by a professor from Paris-Panthéon-Assas University, followed by 10 hours of seminars led by local or regional industry experts. While there is no dissertation or research work required for this course, E.F.B. candidates (January intake) must complete such work. Additionally, the classes are scheduled in the evenings to accommodate the busy schedules of working professionals.
Tuition fees & Deadlines
Academic year: October to June
Possible exchange programme between Paris and Singapore campuses for four weeks, generally in May.
Conditions for application
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (or equivalent), or alternative Bachelor degree with 4 years of professional experience.
- Fluent English: must be attested by a recognised certificate such as IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL, PTE, Erasmus courses or of course English mother tongue. As for the English certificates, candidates need a score of 7/9 for the IELTS, 90/120 for the TOEFL, 800/990 for the TOEIC or 64/90 for the PTE.
- As the case may be, an interview with the Board of Professors will be organised to ascertain how far the candidate is interested in the LL.M. and its adequacy with his or her career plan.
Students of French Bar Schools
French Bar School students have the opportunity to begin the LL.M. International Business Law program in January. Through a partnership with the Paris Bar School (EFB), the LL.M. can be obtained as part of the “Projet Professionnel Individualisé” (P.P.I.). Students may apply for the program before receiving their definitive results from the CRFPA exam. If admitted, they will follow the LL.M. from January to June 2023.
French Bar School students are exempt from the first two modules (40 hours) offered between October to December. They will attend the other eight modules (160 hours) from mid-January until June, and will be required to submit a thesis based on one of the ten modules taught in the program, under the guidance of the professor in charge of the selected module. The thesis will be graded on a 40-point scale, which is equivalent to two modules.
- All Candidates, Singapore Campus – Course fees: € 17,000
- French Bar Students – Courses fees: € 15,000
Schedule for course fees payment:
- Deposit to be paid upon letter of admission: € 4,000
- Balance before End of September or December: € 13,000 – Total: € 17,000
This amount does not include transport, food or accommodation.
Application: exclusively via Internet
Online application through our website only, starting from January:
You will need to submit:
- a completed online application form,
- transcripts (in English or French) of your first degree or any other relevant qualification,
- IELTS, TOEIC or TOEFL language test,
- and 2 letters of reference.
- Non-refundable 80 Euro application fee
On average 10 working days after the submission of the application form.