A one of its kind LL.M. programme on the theory and practice of law and democracy.
The LL.M. will offer the highest quality of teaching in small group seminars provided by leading French and international scholars.
The programme will benefit from a partnership with Institut Michel Villey, Paris-Panthéon-Assas University leading research center in jurisprudence and constitutional law.
|LL.M. Public Law and Democracy
|university diploma (DU)
|degree is awarded by Paris-Panthéon-Assas University
|graduate (Bac +5 level)
|1 year (Full programme)
|exclusively in-person (no e-learning)
Teaching & Structure
The programme’s purpose is to provide international students with a set of courses at the crossroads of public law, legal theory and theory of democracy. The aim is to enable a new generation of scholars and leaders in the field of law and democratic government, and provide them with the theoretical baggage and the skills to approach modern problems of democratic governance and democratic reform. The emphasis will be put on legal theory and political theory, as well as insights on modern democratic government across the world.
Career and prospects
- International students aiming at acquiring a professional expertise in the field of democratic practice and democratic ingeneering. They will later work for NGOs, governmental bodies;
- International organizations;
- Students wishing to embrace an academic career and to read for a PhD.
The programme runs full time from October to June and is taught by Paris-Panthéon-Assas academics and invited professors from major universities with highly regarded international reputations (Oxford, LSE, Pennsylvania University…).
The curriculum is based on ten courses (24h each), for a total of 240 hours. All courses are mandatory. There are no optional courses.
A maximum of 20 students every year.
It is required to submit some materials via the Law school application website by a specific deadline to apply to the LL.M.
Online Application and Electronic Attachments :
- Personal Statement
- Addendum (optional)
Candidates must have a professional command of the English language. The candidates are not required to provide an English proficiency test.
The application process is now open.
Admission is open
- to foreign students with at least a second year of U.S. law school (as part of an exchange between their university and Paris-Panthéon-Assas University) ;
- to students having completed a JD or any other legal degree in their home country with at least 4 years of studies, amounting to 240 ECTS credits.
- Exceptionally, to students with a degree amounting to 180 ECTS credits if this is justified by the legal curriculum in their country of origin.
For more information, you can send a request to our Admissions Team.