Paris-Panthéon-Assas University International Law School
In 2011, Paris 2 Pantheon-Assas University decided to launch an ambitious internationalisation program, notably through the creation of several campuses, branded « Paris-Panthéon-Assas University International Law School », throughout the world: Dubai, Paris, Mauritius and Singapore. Sorbonne-Assas International Law School aims at preparing the future financial and legal directors, managers of holdings or big companies, or their counsels, to their positions.
The School offers different programs:
- LL.M in International Business Law in Dubai, Paris, Mauritius and Singapore. The LL.M diploma is officially delivered by University Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas.
- The LL.M. AWArDS (Assas World Arbitration and Disputes Settlement) in Paris. The LL.M diploma is officially delivered by University Paris Panthéon-Assas.
- A Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) in Mauritius. The LL.B diploma is officially delivered by University Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas.
- An Executive Education program in Singapore, with seminars on request, tailored to educate and enhance the skills of lawyers, managers and in-house counsels in specific legal fields related to International Business.
- A Short Program in March and a Summer Course in July, taking place in Singapore.
Whether in Dubai, Paris, Mauritius or Singapore, all programs are taught in English, by Professors of Law from Paris 2 Pantheon-Assas University and professionals acting in the legal field coming from France, Europe, Asia and Africa. All programs strongly focus on case-studies and deepening of key subjects in a transversal and pluridisciplinary perspective.
LL.M International Business Law Program prepares students and professionals to master important cross-borders mergers or financial transactions, funding, restructuring, LBO, financial engineering, and setting-up of industrial projects. These transactions are particularly interesting as they raise many difficulties and lead to the adoption of innovative solutions. Their study and the analysis of the legal, financial, and accounting issues they raise are particularly formative. Students and professionals will tackle with different viewpoints and in a very interactive way the contracts, the guarantees, the funding or the settling of international trade disputes, just to quote key areas.
The LL.M AWArDS involves academics and practitioners specialised in international arbitration, investment arbitration and international litigation but also in the various specialized fields of dispute before arbitral tribunals, the LL.M. program is based on the richness of Paris as one of the most prominent international arbitration venues, internationally recognized as such. Its aim is to train students in the demanding realities of international arbitration law and practice, thanks to the most renowned academics and practitioners.
The LL.B. Bachelor of Laws (Mauritius Campus) is a 3-years program dedicated to HSC / BAC graduates. It offers a unique blend of Common law, Civil law, Mauritian law and International Law. By emphasizing on core business and international legal issues, it provides an in-depth view of key legal subjects and is undoubtedly a strong basis for any legal career.