Subject: Social Media & Communication Manager – Mauritius Campus
Department: Université Paris-Panthéon-Assas – Royal Road, Pierrefonds (Mauritius) – contract from Sorbonne-Assas International Law School (Mauritius) Limited
What we do: Université Paris-Panthéon-Assas is considered as France’s first law university and is home to the origins of French Law, with more than 800+ years of history. Since 2011, the university has opened 3 more overseas campuses: in Singapore, Mauritius and Dubai. Currently, those campuses are branded under the name International Law School of Université Paris-Panthéon-Assas. Strongly committed to expanding its global footprint, and consolidate its presence across its international campuses, Université Paris-Panthéon-Assas endeavours to further develop its programmes and expand its educational offer in order to attract a growing number of students across its 4 campuses.
Reporting to: Executive Director (Mauritius Campus), working in close collaboration with each Campus Deans & Managers
Community Management (30%)
- Daily community management of Assas International social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube);
- Grow the social media community and build engagement across the various platforms, including engagement with students/alumni on social channels by responding to their posts and comments;
- Analyse data and analytics from the various social media platforms and website (incl. Google Analytics, with the creation of conversion funnels) and provide recommendations to improve and optimise ads & website performance;
- Collaborate with the University’s communication department (Paris Campus) to relay content and promote the international campuses of the university;
Content development and planning (50%)
- Develop a chronological content calendar spanning news stories, videos, social media posts and other communications elements and bring innovative content ideas; spot useful ‘unplanned’ content opportunities as they arise and respond/ leverage appropriately in a timely manner;
- Implement the content calendar through posts scheduling on the social media platforms;
- Brainstorm, write, edit and assign content as needed for a range of internal and external purposes, including web stories, alumni profiles, newsletters, online events and occasionally physical marketing pieces
- Create designs (artworks, including photo editing and basic video editing for short videos and/or .gifs);
- Create emailing Templates using the company CRM (design, copywriting and editing);
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice appropriate to the author/poster, and optimised for the intended channel;
- Liaise with the webmarketer to ensure a synergy between the communication strategy and website development strategy, including the timely relay of communication
Lead Generation (20%)
- Lead the creation of paid campaigns across social media platforms (Facebook business manager, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Ads) that drive lead acquisition, retention, engagement, and student recruitment goals for the university’s overseas campuses – especially for Mauritius and Singapore Campuses;
Who we are looking for*:
We are looking for a social media enthusiast who can develop and implement the social media & communication strategy of Université Paris-Panthéon-Assas’ international campuses (Paris, Dubai, Mauritius and Singapore). Your goal will be to grow the online presence and reach of Université Paris-Panthéon-Assas’ International Law School in order to drive student recruitment efforts. You are an innovative and original thinker with a self-starter approach. To be successful, you should have a background managing social media (including paid promotion) and possess excellent knowledge of the main global social media channels and platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter). You be able to work autonomously, in a hybrid and flexible manner (online/on campus) with a team based in Paris, Singapore, Mauritius and Dubai. You must be comfortable interacting by Zoom/Teams/Whatsapp several times a week. You must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while exercising prudent judgment in a fast-paced environment.
Our ideal candidate holds at least a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s would be a plus) in communications, digital marketing or equivalent degree, with at least (3) years of professional experience. Knowledge and experience using Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, CRM systems is a must for this role. You must be fluent in English and French, mastering grammar fundamentals as well as possess impeccable writing and editing skills in both these languages. You should be able to use creative tools such as Canva, photo editing and basic video editing tools, with a good eye for visual impact of content. Management experience is preferred but not required (project management, people management, and/or intern/student management).
This position is only open for Mauritius residents. Non-residents, need not apply at this time.
Please note we start screening CVs and interviewing candidates from the start of our recruitment campaign. A successful candidate could progress to offer before the advertised closing date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this role.
Interested candidates should submit their application via LinkedIn or CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with the subject APPLICATION – Social Media & Communication Manager by the 08.07.2022.